Start a Chapter
Are you passionate about improving your community?
Are you looking for a way to give back?
Six Easy Steps
Since 1998 hundreds of volunteers eager to become community-based philanthropists have started their own Bread for the Journey chapters. We make it as easy as possible for chapters to get started so you can spend more time with people and less time doing paperwork. We’ve listed the simple steps below to get your local chapter up and running.
- Contact Bread for the Journey for a phone appointment to talk about your ideas and our suggestions for beginning.
- Select your Board of Directors.
- Sign and submit your Bread for the Journey Affiliation Agreement*.
- Use Bread for the Journey’s Template for Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws to incorporate in your state.
- When you’re approved, file for an Employer Identification Number with the IRS
- Open a checking account and begin to make a positive change in your community!
*As soon as we receive your Affiliation Agreement, we’ll send you our custom Resource Guide that’s filled with tips, tools, and templates for starting and maintaining your local chapter.